Sunday, February 27, 2011

Part 2: The waking up in the middle of the night to write piece

I wrote this piece at 4am back in September of 2009... I woke up in the middle of the night, grabbed the closest notebook and wrote, then went right back to sleep.  Upon waking up the next morning I was left with this gem, which was published in Kaleidoscope (Iona's literary magazine).  

Night Wish

A very subtle sadness kept your body pressed against mine that night. Perhaps it was because we fit together like two very small and intricate puzzle pieces; perhaps because we both weren't ready to face that bittersweet sadness sure to consume ourselves the second our lips parted. I'd give anything to feel that kiss again. That sweet, slow, soft, sensuous kiss that grabbed my soul and made me wish there was a way to never let go. Everything about it was perfect, from the way our bodies were threaded together, a tangle of arms and legs and naked flesh, to the way your lips felt perfect against mine, to the way our tongues met, sliding and playing between our lips. We both knew it was the last kiss, and you, like I, did everything to fight time and steal every breathtaking second of a former flaming love, so briefly rekindled it almost burned. And in some ways I wish it had burned, so that I could carry your mark upon my soul with me, forever.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons License. This work may be reproduced with permission from the author, and you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work. Any use of this work must be attributed to the author, Kathryn Malara.  The above text is original work and is protected as such. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/

No comments:

Post a Comment