Saturday, July 30, 2011

Words with Friends

I'm addicted. To Words with Friends.
See what you have done to me Apple!?

My sister kicked my butt in the first game (not really sure how--), so we started a new game.  I was just messing around with the letters, literally just in any old order. 

Suz played "action".  I put down "oolachan" using her "a" from action, knowing I would get that pop-up that says "this is not a word".  Except it is.  And it got me 61 points (35 point bonus for using all the tiles in my rack) and my sister is having a fit!

If you know what the word "oolachan" means, please enlighten me.  It doesn't even come up in any searches I've done on google, and I want to know why W.w.F. thinks this is an acceptable word.

In other news, I FINALLY got my Copyright certificate from the Library of Congress.  It only took them 4 MONTHS to send it! The paper it is printed on even smells official.

Over and out... Gotta be up in 5 hours to go pick up my aunt and my uncle from the airport!

Oh, PS- I also had to feed my uncle's snake today. If I were an eleven year old teeny bopper, my reaction would have been along the lines of OMG GROSS.  I put the mouse in the cage.  I pick up my phone to see if I can video Rachael (the snake) snatching mousey for lunch (so my mom can show her class).  I put the lid on the cage, turned around, and BAM mousey is gone.  So I hurried around to the other side of the cage, and (enter 11 year old teeny bopper alter ego persona) OMG OMG OMG THAT IS LIKE SO GROSS.  Rachael nommed that mouse on the head and then wrapped herself around it to swallow it whole. I know it is the circle of life and food chains and all, but seriously DISGUSTING. My sister had to feed Rachael the second mouse tonight, but as of 11:24 PM, Lars (the mouse, so aptly named by Emily) was having a staring contest with Rachael, though Lars had cuddled up against the slithering reptile mere minutes before.  I have a feeling this will not end well for Lars, despite Emily's affection for his cute, little ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment