Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm baaaack!

Well I certainly fell off the blogging bandwagon for a few weeks... and I was doing so well too.

Today I am craving Japanese food.  Like seriously craving. I dreamt about edamamme, and gyoza and udon noodles... I want soup dumplings and hibachi fried rice... No clue where these cravings are coming from. They remind me of my prednisone cravings. Though if I were still on the prednisone I'd probably want something weird with the Japanese food.  Le sigh.

I've been pretty busy the past week.  I found out that I'm going to be covering a maternity leave until sometime in November, for 5th grade.  I know all my students already- the class is pretty much the same class my mom had last year.  A lot of ELLs and F-ELLs, which is great.  I'll finally be able to put to use what I'm learning in grad school.

I have so many ideas and things I want to do- but I tend to hit the ground running when I get excited about something like this. So I really need to pace myself and take it one lesson at a time.  I am going to use some of the activities my 3rd grade teacher used way back when in the 90s.  She was truly the best teacher I have ever had- and so much of what we did in her class sticks in my mind almost 15 years later.

It will probably be a lot easier for me to do what I want to do because I feel as if I won't be expected to tackle all the paperwork that permanent teachers have to do- even though I'll do it anyway.  This is my time to really prove myself.

My family reunion was good.  Very quiet this year.  It was good to see Grandma, and I wish we could have stayed at her house longer.  I miss her and I don't like that she is so far away. She will be in NY in about 2.5 weeks, but I still don't see her as often as I'd like to.

I have quite a few posts in the works, mostly all revolving around WG/living with a chronic illness.  I've been debating if that is the direction I want to take this blog- I don't want the entire focus to be on my illness though.  Eh, I suppose I'll just keep going the way I am, a little bit of this and a little bit of that all over the place.

My Summer Reading post has been updated too! I've read a few more books and have a handful on my desk from my last library jaunt. I also have a huge stack of textbooks to start reading :)

Happy Birthday to my sister- she is 20 today! Only one teenager left in our house... scary thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment