Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Torturous Early Summer Wakeups...

I had trouble falling asleep last night (and subsequently staying asleep).  My alarm went off at 8:15am this morning, because I had a driver's ed lesson at 9:30.  My driving instructor warned me that he might be a little late, because he was coming back from a road test in Staten Island... He just called and cancelled the lesson, since he is sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the Belt Parking Lot.

So now I am awake, showered, and dressed at it is just about 9:30.  Swell. I am definitely going to need a high dose of caffeine to get me through the day.  Plus side- I don't have to babysit or help babysit today... a slight reprieve, since my sister and I will have all the kids tomorrow, Friday, and allllll day Saturday.

While I couldn't fall asleep last night I was thinking about the purpose of this blog.  Why am I writing it?  I write my entries as if I were talking to an audience (even though I'm pretty sure no one reads this).  A very talented and published author of a series I hope to write for one day gave me the advice to write- every, single, solitary day.  So I am truly trying to keep up with that. But it doesn't always happen.  So perhaps my vision for this blog is a little off-kilter?  I can write about living with a chronic illness, but that might be boring to healthy people.  I can write about being an unemployed teacher, but that makes me too angry sometimes.  I could write about the state of the world, politics and the zoo our country has become... but I don't know all that much about politics. 

So until I figure out this blog's true purpose, I'll write a variety of entries and see what feels most comfortable.

Upcoming Topics on Don't Ask, I'll Tell You Anyway.
  • The Denotation and Connotation of the Word "Single"
  • Arne Duncan and ideas and image
  • 10 Books You Really Should Have Read in High School (according to msncbc's Today show) That I Never Read and Why I Don't Think Some of them need to be read (phewph run on sentence)
  • Being a Graduate Student in a World that doesn't even throw the leftover scraps to those continuing their education
  • My Summer Reading List

No comments:

Post a Comment