Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Reading, Year Two

I keep saying to myself that I want to start blogging again. But then I get distracted, or question my ability to actually write every.single.day.  Plus I'm 99% sure that no one actually reads what I write anyway. 

I've been reading a lot this summer (well, actually, a little bit before summer), and what I really should do is keep track of every book I've read with a little summary (like last year's post- Summer Reading 2011).  So here goes, from May 1, 2012 through September 6, 2012

Challenge: To read a book every 5 days. Originally it was a book every 3 days, but no. Not happening. As of July 22 I've read 14 with 4 in progress, so I'm about on target (should have completed 16.6).  To meet the challenge I have to read 26 novels.

EDIT: Today is September 5th. My "challenge" ends tomorrow. To meet my challenge I had to read 26 books. I have 31 completed, and 6 in progress! I'd say that means I met my goal!

Completed Novels:
  1. The Lucky One- Nicholas Sparks
  2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children- Ransom Riggs
  3. Matched -Alli Condi
  4. Crossed- Alli Condie
  5. Twenties Girl- Sophie Kinsella
  6. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
  7. Fifty Shades Darker- E.L. James
  8. Fifty Shades Freed- E.L. James
  9. Girls in White Dresses- Jennifer Close
  10. Can You Keep a Secret- Sophie Kinsella
  11. There's Cake in My Future- Kim Gruenfelder
  12. Queen of Babble- Meg Cabot
  13. Remember Me?- Sophie Kinsella
  14. Something Borrowed- Emily Giffen
  15. Divergent- Veronica Roth 
  16. The Kitchen House- Kathleen Grissom
  17. Wallflower in Bloom- Claire Cook (don't recommend this one. Didn't like it at all)
  18. Something Blue- Emily Giffen
  19. Best of Me- Nicholas Sparks
  20. The Help- Kathryn Stockett
  21. The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone- Emily Giffen
  22. White Girl Problems- Babe Walker
  23. The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
  24. Flowers for Algernon- Daniel Keyes
  25. The Selection- Kiera Cass
  26. Where We Belong- Emily Giffen
  27. Size 12 is Not Fat- Meg Cabot
  28. Love the One You're With- Emily Giffen
  29. Charlie St. Cloud- Ben Sherwood
  30. The Last Song- Nicholas Sparks
  31. Girls in White Dresses- Jennifer Close
In Progress:
  1. Insurgent- Veronica Roth
  2. Bossypants- Tina Fey
  3. Then Came You- Jennifer Weiner
  4. The Innocents- Francesa Segal
  5. One Book in the Grave- Kate Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment