Sunday, April 21, 2013

30 Things: Day 8

I started this 30 day challenge on July 16th, 2012.  I must get my proverbial writing butt in gear and finish this, seeing as it is already April 21, 2013.

Day 8: What are 5 passions you have?

Hmm. Well let's see. If you define passion as an uncontrollable emotion, then number one on this list would definitely be...

Eating.

Ha. Maybe not number one, but definitely up there.  I mean, come on, who would honestly say that they don't like to eat?

I'm reverting back to my gold personality and making a lot of lists lately (can you tell I'm on the edge?? My fellow student leaders from Iona will understand).  So 5 passions, in no particular order:

Number 1- Laughing.  Especially with my friends... the good kind of laughing where you can't stop, even to catch your breath, especially when tears of joy are running down your face.  See The Endangered Dan Sheridan.

Number 2- Traveling. I'm constantly amazed by the amount of knowledge there is in the world and how there is so much to explore... My Grandma took me on a trip to Italy for my college graduation and since then I've been bitten by the travel bug. I want to go EVERYWHERE.  And I want to eat and laugh and learn and explore and take pictures while I'm there (wherever there is).

Number 3- Photography.  See above... My mom has always kept our pictures in albums, stacked side by side in our living room.  Every year of our lives forever immortalized in those binders.  The idea that a photograph can preserve a life like that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.  Plus I love my camera.

Number 4- Teaching.  My real passion is teaching early childhood ESL, but I suppose teaching of any kind is fine by me.  There's just something about kids understanding that the world is so much bigger than they are and that you couldn't possibly learn everything there is to learn even if you had a hundred lifetimes (I suppose this is when it comes in handy to be Edward Cullen or some variation thereof).  It also helps that I have had countless teachers who were truly passionate about what they did, even if they taught Latin and drove me crazy for two years in high school.  That kind of passion isn't something you forget and I hope that my students remember me in that way.

Number 4.5- Exercising

Number 5- I wasn't really sure what I was going to put down here.  I bounced a few ideas around but ultimately I think that the last passion on this list is going to be creating.  Growing vegetables, creating wonder for my students, crocheting, writing, cooking... So I guess taking something and molding it into something new.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment